Marx's Ten Planks for the establishment of a communist
- Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Abolition of all right of inheritance.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a
national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the
hands of the state.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the
State, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement
of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies,
especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual
abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable
distribution of population over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of
children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education
with industrial production.